What are Anti-Microbial Floors and Walls?
Anti-microbial floors and walls help block microorganisms, such as the growth of bacteria, fungi, and molds. Seamless, poured-in-place floors are naturally bacteriostatic and fungistatic because there are no seams, welds, or grout lines where bacteria can harbor and potentially grow. The seamless structure also makes the floor easier to clean, which supports anti-microbial efforts.
Benefits of Anti-Microbial Floors & Walls
Some industries value anti-microbial floors and walls as a part of infection control programs and stringent efforts to control harmful bacteria within their environments.
Benefit highlights include:
- Inhibiting microbial and fungal growth as part of an organizations' hygiene program
- Increasing protection against harmful bacteria where patients and staff are present or where food and beverage products are being produced
- Promoting clean and sanitary conditions
- Building a reputation as an organization that takes action against contaminants
While healthcare and food and beverage companies seek out anti-microbial protection, anti-microbial floors and walls can be useful in any environment where improved hygiene is an advantage.
Recommended industries include:
- Healthcare - operating rooms, hospital rooms, bathrooms, corridors and more
- Food & Beverage - breweries, wineries and dairies
- Hospitality - commercial kitchens
- General Manufacturing - food processing facilities
- Pharmaceutical-Biotechnology - research laboratories, vivariums, clean rooms
- Education - locker rooms, bathrooms, hallways
- Cannabis - grow rooms, flower rooms, laboratories, vape pen production and assembly
Stonhard resin flooring and wall systems are poured-in-place and naturally inhibit the growth of bacteria and fungi. In addition, Stonhard floors and walls can be installed with an anti-microbial, organic thione compound that acts as a permanent bacteriostat and fungistat against a broad range of bacteria and fungi. The active ingredient is EPA-registered and contains no heavy metals. An anti-microbial additive will not constrain your installation choices. Our team of Territory Managers, Architectural and Engineering Representatives will assist you in choosing the best product for your environment with the look you desire.
Recommended products include:
- Stonclad - manufacturing and food processing environments
- Stonshield - healthcare, retail environments, entertainment venues
- Stonblend - pharmaceutical, healthcare, educational, lab, and corporate areas
- Stonres - healthcare and edcuational facilities
- Stontec - healthcare, education, labs, process areas, retail, sports and entertainment venues
- Stonlux - research and development facilities, light manufacturing, clean rooms
- Stonglaze - This seamless wall system is used in conjunction with Stonhard flooring systems. It is highly recommended for healthcare, educational, and pharmaceutical environments.
- Complementary Products - Stonplus PROTECT is a complementary product that can be utilized with any flooring system where hygiene programs are a primary concern.